It is hard and uncomfortable to carry gun (rifle, submachine gun etc.) in hands all the time. That is why transportation accessories are used for. For military and hunting weapon its usually swivel for Weaver rail. But if weapon is not intended to use in field conditions, precision rifle, for example, swivels are not used. Many owners are facing the issue: how to carry their airsoft or rim fire guns?
There are a few solutions existing:
• attach sling, tie it around the barrel and grip;
• install swivel;
• use Weaver rail for swivel (sling adapter).
First option is not practical, not handy and not esthetical. Second require skills and cannot used for guns with plastic stock, also wrong swivel location may damage the weapon.
Best option – install swivel on Weaver rail.
All modern firearms are usually equipped or have allowances for Weaver or Picatinny rails. It allows easily install additional gear – laser pointers, different scopes, tactical flashlights and handles. This Weaver mount sling adapter can be installed exactly the same: just put it on the rail and clamp.
• Installation and removal in split second.
• Fixed at the original places sling can interfere with other gear (for example with flashlight), on the Weaver rail it can be secured at any place on the rail.
• Ring can be installed at the left or at the right, depending of owner preferences and weapon design.
• Usually original place is very close to the muzzle, and this is not always good for three-point sling. On the rail you can install sling adapter at any place. Also shifting sling adapter closer to the center you becoming able to fire “over open sight” (not effective but impressive method).