Standard buttstock for Saiga and AK are not fits to all as its length is designed for average operator. But most of tall hunters and shooters should think about change standard to telescopic buttstock.
Accounting that fully extended telescopic buttstock is 1.5 times longer than standard one – this is the best option. Telescopic buttstock mounts on metal tube (Commercial or Mil-spec – depending of the model). Tube has 6 length positions. Some buttstock tubes are equipped with recoil damper spring but this model has recoil compensator.
One of the important advantages of this buttstock is adjustable check piece. Chick piece position can be adjusted using two nuts. Telescopic buttstock also equipped with rubber damper to reduce recoil. Telescopic buttstock can be installed on any carbine just need to found adapter required with 1-3\16-16UN thread.
Adapter sold separately!
Buttstock installation procedure for AK, Saiga and AKM
Installation on Saiga using steel adapter
- first you need to remove standard buttstock. You should knock out pit at the bottom with safety turned off.
- then prepare telescopic buttstock installation kit
- install steel adapter and buttstock, Loctite is recommended.
For additional reduction of recoil you can install polyurethane damping pad (25 usd). Not supplied with the buttstock.
Procedure for AKM-based carbines.
-remove standard buttstock
-prepare telescopic buttstock installation kit
-install telescopic buttstock and adapter
Before start to use it’s recommended:
- to remove adjustable chick piece be removing 2 butterfly nuts
- torque internal bolt with Loctite
- also torque small bolt with screwdriver and Loctite